Follow in the footsteps of one of Spain's most famous artists with this Barcelona Picasso Tour. Also included is an entrance ticket and a guided visit to the city's museum dedicated to the genius of Cubism.
Barcelona Picasso Tour
'I do the impossible because the possible is done by anyone.' Phrases like these help us to imagine Pablo Ruiz Picasso's unique personality and his fruitful training experience in the Catalan capital. We'll begin to learn about this period by meeting at 12:30 pm next to the La Cara monument in Barcelona, on Paseo de Colón.
Our first stop will be the School of Arts and Crafts of Barcelona, located in the beautiful building of the Lonja de Mar Palace. In 1895, a young Pablo Picasso was admitted as a student. After finding out about his early years in Barcelona, we'll pass by the old workshops where Picasso started to carry out his work.
Picasso loved the city and enjoyed sharing ideas with other artists and intellectuals. Many of these meetings took place in Els Quatre Gats cafe. We'll visit the famous cafe to reveal some anecdotes and curiosities related to some of these gatherings, one of the main references of Catalan modernism!
To end the tour we'll visit the Picasso Museum in Barcelona. In its permanent collection, you'll see the evolution of the artist through his paintings, from a more realistic and academic style to his famous surrealist and cubist periods. The museum houses outstanding paintings including "Man in a Beret", "Portrait of Aunt Pepa" and the Picassian version of "Las Meninas".
The tour will end at 2.30 pm, and from then you can wander through the rooms you liked best on your own.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Tour in English
Over 65 years oldUS$ 27.90
Young adults between 18 and 29 years oldUS$ 27.90
Children between 11 and 17 years oldUS$ 16.30
Children under 11 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Picasso Museum in Barcelona entrance and guided visit.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
La Cara Monument, Barcelona (Paseo de Colón).