1 See photo gallery
Taxis in Barcelona
Despite the fact that taxis are an expensive means of transportation, it is true that sometimes they are the fastest and most comfortable way of getting around a city, especially if you are burdened with luggage or are out late at night.
At any time of the day, it is easy to hail or call one of Barcelona’s 10,000 black and yellow painted doors taxis.
As in other major cities, you can either hail a taxi on the street when the light on their roof is green or you can catch a cab at the numerous ranks.
- Minimum fare: € 2.30 (US$ 2.50)
- Price per kilometre from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm: € 1.21 (US$ 1.30)
- Price per kilometre from Monday to Friday between 8 pm and 8 am: € 1.45 (US$ 1.60)
- Price per kilometre Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: € 1.45 (US$ 1.60)
- 1 hour waiting time: € 22.10 (US$ 23.70)
- Barcelona Airport: € 4.30 (US$ 4.60)
- Sants railway station: € 2.50 (US$ 2.70)
- For each waiting hour: € 23.40 (US$ 25)
If you take a cab from the Airport, the minimum cost will be € 20 (US$ 21.40) including the additional charges.
Taxi telephone numbers
There are numerous taxi companies in Barcelona. We have listed the most important companies:
- Associació Ràdio Taxi Miramar: 934 331 020.
- Cooperativa de Ràdio Taxi Metropolitana de Barcelona: 932 250 000.
- Ràdio Taxi 033: 933 033 033.
- Servi Taxi: 933 300 300.
- Taxi Groc: 933 222 222.
1See photo gallery