Set off on a 5-hour trip to Montserrat from Barcelona. When you get to the bottom of the holy mountain take a traditional cogwheel train ride to Montserrat Abbey, one of Spain’s most important religious sites.
Greet your English-speaking guide in Barcelona’s city center and sit back while you’re driven on an air-conditioned coach across some of the region’s most picturesque villages until you get to Monistrol de Montserrat. Upon arrival, you’ll take its famous cogwheel train up the holy mountain, where the Montserrat Abbey is perched. During the 15-minute ride up the 600 meters slope, marvel at the stunning scenery.
Once you get to Montserrat, meaning "mountain saw" in Catalan, discover the Basilica, which houses the beautiful twelfth-century ‘Virgen Moreneta’, Catalonia’s patron saint. For centuries, this temple was one of Spain’s most popular pilgrimage sites.
If you’re lucky, you can listen to La Escolanía, Europe’s oldest children’s choir singing in the Monastery.
This tour also includes a free admission to Montserrat’s Espai Audio Visual Museum.
At the end of the tour, you can enjoy a tasting of various typical liquors from Montserrat.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children less than 4 years old|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 51
Children less than 4 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Official English speaking guide.
Admission to the various landmarks.
Cogwheel train ride in Montserrat.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Carrer de Balmes, 5.