L’Aquàrium Barcelona (BBoth children and adults will find this attraction great fun. Children can even spend a night surrounded by sharks and adults can swim with some of the most frightening predators of the Aquarium.
Parts of the Aquarium
- The Oceanarium: The Oceanarium is the largest aquarium in L’Aquàrium, with a diameter of 36 meters and 5 meters deep. It has an 80-meter glass tunnel that enables visitors to walk under the various species swimming above, with a privileged view of the sharks, manta ray, moray eel and gilt-head bream.
- Mediterranean Aquariums: This the perfect place to discover the Mediterranean Sea without getting wet. This part of the Aquarium contains 14 different aquariums that represent the variety of marine life in the different communities.
- Tropical Aquariums: The tropical aquariums contain 7 different aquariums that are full of colour and beautiful reefs. Visitors won’t need to travel to the tropical seas to see its most characteristic species.
Swimming with Sharks
L’Aquàrium organizes unique experiences like scuba diving in the Oceanarium surrounded by the various types of sharks and thousands of fish. Those brave enough will be put into a 4-million-litre water tank, where they will observe the sharks and fish up close. Unfortunately, you will need to have the official diver certification to take part in this activity.
A Family Activity
If you’re looking to spend a different kind of day in Barcelona, we recommend visiting the Barcelona Aquarium. It is an especially interesting if you’re traveling with children. They will be amazed by the many species of water-dwelling animals and will learn a lot while having fun.
For your convenience you can buy the tickets directly through the web at this link:
Monday to Friday: 10 am – 8 pm.
Weekends and public holidays: 10 am – 8 pm.
June - September: every day from 10 am – 9 pm.
- Adults: € 24 (US$ 25.10)
- Children between 5 and 10 years old: € 17 (US$ 17.80)
- Children between 3 and 4 years old: € 10 (US$ 10.50)
- Children under 3: free admission