Discover Barcelona’s unique neighbourhoods by hiring a scooter at the best price. Forget about worrying about finding parking and traffic jams. It’s the best way to get around the city!
Why hire a scooter in Barcelona?
Rent a motorcycle and get around Barcelona hassle-free and at your own leisure. It is the easiest and most comfortable way to get a real feel for the city.
Barcelona is one of the most popular destinations in Spain. It offers countless cultural activities and also has endless bars, clubs and other places to have fun! Discover the world-famous Sagrada Familia church and Casa Batlló, both designed by Gaudí, or ride along the city’s port and charming beaches. On your scooter, you will explore the streets of this impressive city at your own pace. We recommend you don’t miss the following neighbourhoods: Born, Gothic Quarter and Eixample without worrying about the traffic or finding a large enough parking space. Discover Barcelona at the best price!
What type of motorcycle or moped can I rent?
We offer two options:
- Peugeot Tweet de 50cc or similar: The driver must be at least 18 years old with a category AM driving license or a category B driving license (with at least 1 years’ experience).
- Peugeot Tweet de 125cc or similar: The driver must be at least 18 years old with a category A1/A driving license or be 21 years old and a category B driving license (with at least 3 years’ experience).
The motorcycle or moped can be used by the driver and one passenger, but the second helmet is not included in the price.
You must collect your scooter from the following shop:
- Cooltra Shop Barcelona: Via Laietana, 6, 08003 Barcelona. Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm then 4 pm to 6 pm.
- The prices are per motorcycle, not per person. For example, if you and another person (driver and passenger) want to rent a motorcycle, you must only rent one and, in the comments, write that you need an extra helmet. Keep in mind that the second helmet will be charged apart.
- When you collect your motorcycle or moped, you must sign a contract and leave a deposit of €150 by credit card, which is reimbursed at the end of your rental contract.
- You must return the scooter at the same time you collected it once the duration of the rental agreement is completed. You will not be reimbursed partially if you return it before the rental contract is over. Returning the vehicle late will involve a charge of €50 and the rental cost proportional to the time elapsed since the end of the rental contract.
- All scooters include full-risk insurance with €500 excess (Standard category) and roadside assistance. There is also the possibility of getting Premium category insurance and other extras which you can choose when you collect the scooter and sign the contract. The price of Premium category insurance varies depending on the duration of the rental.
- The scooter must be returned with the same gas level as previously marked in the contract. If the scooter is not returned with the same gas level, you will be charged extra.
- If you do not have a European Union driving license, you must have an international driver’s license. For more information on the various types of driving licenses valid in Spain, click here.
|Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or Similar||Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or Similar|
Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or SimilarUS$ 35.2
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 35.2
Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or SimilarUS$ 62.8
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 62.8
Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or SimilarUS$ 83.8
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 83.8
Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or SimilarUS$ 100.3
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 100.3
Peugeot Tweet 50cc Moped or SimilarUS$ 143.3
Peugeot Tweet 125cc Motocycle or SimilarUS$ 143.3
125cc or 50cc motocycle or moped.
Full risk insurance with €500 excess.
Medical and roadside assistance.
Second helmet for passenger, padlock, and trunk (optional)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Barcelona local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).