Discover the secrets of Barcelona's age-old winemaking traditions on this wine and cava tasting tour in the foothills of the Montserrat mountains. Take a break from the city, tasting fine wine and enjoying delicious tapas.
Wine and Cava Tour
We'll meet in Plaza Catalunya at 12:30 pm and set off towards the Ca n'Estella cava winery in the heart of the D.O. Penedès region. Here, our English-speaking local guide will take you on a tour of the cellar and 18th-century private house. This winery is managed by the 3rd generation of family winemakers who have won numerous national and international awards for their wines and cavas.
After seeing the wine cellar and taking in the breathtaking surroundings of the vineyards and Montserrat mountains, we'll have a cava tasting with three different Rabellat i Vidal cavas and a traditional tapas lunch.
We'll then head to another family-run estate, Oller del Mas, located in a wine-making region known primarily for its red wines: D.O. Pla de Bages. You'll have a tour of the estate's 10th-century castle, the wine cellar and the beautiful vineyards, learning all about how the wines are traditionally crafted.
No trip to a winery is complete without a wine tasting, and this tour is no different! You'll get the chance to taste a selection of three organic wines, impeccably paired with a delicious local cheese platter.
Now that you're true wine connoisseurs, we'll leave the mountains behind and head back to the centre of Barcelona, where, depending on the traffic, we'll arrive at around 7 pm.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing as some walking is involved, also check the weather forecast as the weather is normally more extreme than in Barcelona.
- We do our best to make this tour available to everyone; if you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking.
- Please note that no alcohol will be served to under 18s.
- All allergies and dietary conditions can be catered for, but please inform us when booking.
- Children under the age of 3 may join the tour free of charge, but no car seats or meals are provided.
- Each day we work with different, low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, on the day of your tour, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
Wine and Cava Tour
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 55.2
Children under 3 yearsFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Tour of the Ca n'Estella cava cellar.
Tasting of three Rabellat i Vidal cavas.
Local tapas lunch.
Guided tour of the Oller del Mas winery and castle.
Tasting of three wines.
Artisanal cheese tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Barcelona).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona