The Montserrat mountains and monastery, delicious tapas and Catalan wines; experience all three on this wine and tapas day trip to Montserrat.
Montserrat Wine and Tapas Day Trip
The tour will start from Plaza Catalunya, in the centre of Barcelona at 9:45 am. From here we'll set off on the hour-long journey to the Montserrat mountain range. Throughout the drive, our expert guide will keep us entertained with interesting information about the history of Barcelona and Catalan culture.
Arriving at our destination, we'll enjoy a guided tour of Montserrat Monastery hearing the stories and legends of the 'La Moreneta', the black Madonna that the monks have guarded in their temple for centuries. You'll also have around an hour of free time to explore the area and take in the breathtaking mountain views.
We'll then head to our next stop, a local winery where you'll learn all about the area's age-old winemaking traditions as the guide explains the wine production process.
No trip to a winery would be complete without a wine tasting, and that's exactly what we'll do next. You'll have the chance to try three fine wines from the Montserrat area accompanied by a selection of traditional homemade tapas.
After eating and drinking some of the finest local delicacies, we'll head back to Barcelona where you'll be dropped off in the centre between 5 pm and 5:30 pm.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and clothing as some walking is involved. We also recommend that you check the weather forecast as the weather in Montserrat is normally more extreme than in Barcelona.
- We do our best to make this tour available to everyone; if you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking.
- Please note that no alcohol will be served to under 18s.
- All allergies and dietary conditions can be catered for, but please inform us when booking.
- Children under the age of 3 may join the tour free of charge, but no car seats or meals are provided.
- There is not enough time on this tour to visit the Museum of Montserrat or touch the black Madonna. If you're interested in spending more time in Montserrat, check out our half-day trip or our horse riding tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 16 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Montserrat Wine Tour
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 72.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English y otro idioma.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of Montserrat Monastery (1 hour).
Ticket for Montserrat rack railway.
Guided winery tour.
Tasting of three wines.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona.