The Montserrat mountains and monastery, delicious tapas and Catalan wines; experience all three on this wine and tapas day trip to Montserrat.
Montserrat Wine and Tapas Day Trip
The tour will start from Plaza Catalunya, in the centre of Barcelona at 8:45 am. From here we'll take an hour-long journey to the Montserrat mountain range, during which our expert guide will give you interesting information about the history of Barcelona and Catalan culture.
When we get to Montserrat, we'll have a guided tour of the most important elements of the monastery hearing the stories and legends of the 'La Moreneta' black Madonna that the monks have guarded in their temple for centuries. You'll also have some free time to explore the local farmer's market and take in the breathtaking mountain views.
We'll then head to our next stop: the Oller del Mas winery. Located in a restored 10th-century castle, this winery has been owned by the same family for thirty-six generations. Here you'll be able to see the age-old winemaking traditions and our guide will explain all about the process.
No trip to a winery is complete without a wine tasting, and that's exactly what we'll do next. You'll have the chance to try three wines from D.O. Pla de Bages (the wine region at the foot of the Montserrat mountain range), and they'll be accompanied by a selection of traditional, homemade tapas.
After eating and drinking some of the finest local delicacies, we'll head back to Barcelona where you'll be dropped off in the centre at approximately 3:30 pm.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and clothing as some walking is involved. We also recommend that you check the weather forecast as the weather in Montserrat is normally more extreme than in Barcelona.
- We do our best to make this tour available to everyone; if you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking.
- Please note that no alcohol will be served to under 18s.
- All allergies and dietary conditions can be catered for, but please inform us when booking.
- Children under the age of 3 may join the tour free of charge, but no car seats or meals are provided.
- There is not enough time on this tour to visit the Museum of Montserrat, touch the black Madonna or ride the funicular railway. If you're interested in having more time in Montserrat, check out our half-day trip or you can see more of the natural surroundings on our horse riding tour.
Montserrat Wine Tour
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 55.7
Children under 3 yearsFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Monastery of Montserrat (1 hour).
Guided tour of the Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle.
Wine tasing of three organic wines.
Tapas lunch with dessert.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Barcelona).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona