Embark on a full-day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat, Spain’s holy mountain, followed by a guided tour of the Torres Wine Cellars and lastly, discover Sitges, a charming seaside resort.
Montserrat, Sitges & Torres Winery Day Trip
Depart from Estación del Nord 5 at 9 am and head south on an air-conditioned coach to the heart of Penedès, the most productive wine and cava region in Catalonia.
The first stop of the day-trip is the Torres Wine Cellars, internationally recognized for their wine tourism experiences. Upon arrival, you’ll be introduced to the Torres family and their wine cellars with an audio-visual presentation. Next, tour the beautiful fertile region of Penedès and the Torres’ facilities on a small train around Mas La Plana Winery. Master how the wine is processed and aged in the winery’s impressive barrels. Once the guided tour is over, enjoy a tasting of two wines.
Hop back on the bus and travel to Montserrat, one of the most-visited natural sites in Spain. As you climb the steep mountain, you’ll admire its striking serrated profile that has been carved by the wind and rain during the past centuries. Walk into the Montserrat Basilica, home to a small twelfth-century sculpture of the Madonna called “Virgen Moreneta”, patron saint of Catalonia.
After visiting the Basilica, one of Spain’s most famous pilgrimage sites, you’ll have 3 hours to have lunch and continue exploring the area at your own pace. We recommend you visit the Espai Audio Visual Museum and have a tasting of 4 typical liquors of Montserrat. Both are included in the day-trip price.
Meet your English-speaking guide at the scheduled time and head to Sitges, one of the most charming Mediterranean coastal towns. Renowned for its microclimate, lovely Old Town with whitewashed houses and sandy beaches, it has become one of the most-popular summer resorts in Catalonia. Find out about the “Route of the Indianos”, where inhabitants of Sitges crossed the Atlantic to find a better future in Latin-America or the United States.
From the 23 March 2018, the day trip includes a special brunch of Catalan bread with typical Spanish cold cuts and cheese, bacon quiche, ham "croquetas" and pita bread with fresh vegetable salad and cheese.
- To enter the Montserrat Basilica, you must wear appropriate clothes and shoes. Flip-flops, short trousers and tank tops are not permitted.
- Please keep in mind that Montserrat Abbey is located near the top of the mountain and it can sometimes be cold and rainy.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children less than 4 years old|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 81.40
Children less than 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Round trip by air conditioned coach.
Knowledgeable English speaking guide.
Admission and guided tour of Torres Wine Cellars.
Wine tasting at Torres Wine Cellars with 2 glasses of wine and grape juice for youth under 18 years old.
Tasting of 4 typical liquors from Montserrat.
Admission to the Montserrat interactive Museum called Espai Audio Visual.
Guided walking tour of Sitges.
Entrance and guided tour of the Casa Bacardí (optional).
Special brunch (from 23 March onwards)
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Estación del Nord.