Explore Monserrat, one of Spain’s most important pilgrimage sites, followed by a guided tour of the Sagrada Familia, Gaudí’s masterpiece.
Montserrat and Sagrada Familia Combo Tour Itinerary
The tour will depart from Plaça de Catalunya at 7:30 am, heading to Montserrat, a mountain with an important monastery at the top. According to a popular legend, it is believed that the Holy Grail is hidden behind its walls.
Upon arrival, your expert English-speaking guide will lead you into Montserrat Museum, home to a large Biblical archaeological collection with stunning objects from the Middle East that will help you understand a little better this part of history. You will also discover the Museum’s thirteenth – twenty-first-century art collection with paintings by renowned artists such as Berruguete, El Greco, Caravaggio, Picasso, Dalí and Tàpies, among many others.
Next, you’ll visit Santa Maria de Montserrat, a Benedictine monastery at the top of Montserrat mountain. One of the Abbey’s highlights is the Virgin of Montserrat (La Moreneta), an idolized statue of the Madonna. At the end of the visit, you'll enjoy a tasting of several famous liquors from Montserrat.
Afterwards, we'll get back on the bus and head back to Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona where you’ll have time to eat at your own leisure.
In the afternoon, meet your guide at 3:30 pm and step inside the Sagrada Família for a guided tour. This modernist temple was built by the renowned Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí and has become the city’s most spectacular church. Before entering, you’ll admire the heavily decorated Nativity Façade and inside you’ll take a close look at its altar, the nave’s striking ceiling and its stained-glass windows. Your guide will also take you down to the Crypt Museum to check out the plans of the Sagrada Familia.
The combo tour will come to an end at approximately 5 pm.
Children Under 11
Due to the rules at the Sagrada Familia, children under 11 years old will not receive an audio-guide.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 3 - 11 years old||Infants 0-2 years old|
US$ 106 US$ 95.30
US$ 95.40 US$ 85.70
AdultsUS$ 106 US$ 95.30
Children 3 - 11 years oldUS$ 95.40 US$ 85.70
Infants 0-2 years oldFree
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Expert English speaking guide.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Entrance to Montserrat Monastery.
Tasting of several Montserrat liquors (for those over 18 years old).
Entrance to Sagrada Familia.
Transport back from Montserrat to the Sagrada Familia.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
Food and beverages.
Entrance to one of the towers.
When to book?
You can book up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Catalunya, 21 (Next to the Hard Rock Café)