Embark on a guided tour of Girona, discovering its most emblematic landmarks and exploring filming locations from Game of Thrones, following the footsteps of the Lannisters and the Starks.
Girona & Game of Thrones Tour
Start your excursion by boarding a comfortable air-conditioned coach at 8 am from Barcelona’s Estación del Nord. Head to the historic city of Girona, in the northeast of Catalonia, and get ready to explore the numerous filming locations of the sixth season of Game of Thrones.
Upon arrival, you’ll be led through Girona’s picturesque Old Town (Barri Vell) by a professional English-speaking guide. Discover this two-thousand-year-old town by visiting landmarks like La Força Vella, established by the Romans in the first century B.C. The stairs leading to the Cathedral and its baroque façade were transformed into the Great Sept of Baelor, setting of numerous scenes in the Game of Thrones’ sixth season. Next, explore the Medieval Quarter, constructed between the eleventh and fifteenth century.
And as we explore, we'll find ourselves in front of the Church of Sant Feliu and the Monastery of Sant Pere de Galligants, taken as the library of Antigua in the series. Girona is also home to Call, one of the best preserved Jewish Quarters in Europe, with its typical narrow streets that resemble a labyrinth.
Once you’ve recognized the various parts of the city that have been shot in the Game of Thrones, you’ll have time to continue exploring one of Catalonia’s most beautiful cities at your own pace.
Then you'll climb back on the coach and head back to Barcelona, where you’ll be dropped off at around 2 pm.
This guided tour takes place where a number of Game of Thrones scenes were filmed, however your guide is an expert in the history of Girona, not necessarily the hit TV series. The tour will be focused on the real stories behind the iconic filming locations.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children less than 4 years old|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 51
Children less than 4 years oldFree
6 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
Bilingual (English, Spanish) guide.
Walking tour of Girona.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.
Estación del Nord.