Designed by Antonio Gaudí, Casa Vicens is an outstanding Catalan modernist-style example in the Gracia neighbourhood. Skip the lines with these tickets!
What is Casa Vicens?
Casa Vicens is one of the first modernist houses designed by Antoní Gaudí. It was commisioned as a summer retreat for Manel Vicens i Montaner, a distinguished stockbroker at the end of the nineteenth century.
The building powerfully holds your attention thanks to its imaginative decoration. In the design process, Gaudí was greatly inspired by the forms of nature, but also in other historic styles such as Moorish and Byzantine art. The building also has a very prominent Andalusian aesthetic with various allusions to iconic landmarks in Granada, including the Alhambra and the Palacio de Generalife.
The mansion, declared a World Heritage Site in 2005, also has various oriental-inspired rooms, where you can observe Persian architectural forms.
The tour of Casa Vicens is self-guided, so you can spend as much time as you want in each room. There are employees on each floor who will be happy to attend any questions you may have.
You can also download a free virtual audioguide on your mobile phone, available in 13 different languages. To take advantage of this, all you need to do is bring your own headphones.
Address and timetable
Casa Vicens is located at 20-26 on the calle de les Carolines, in the centre of Gracia. The modernist residency opens from Monday to Sunday between 10am to 8pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
AdultsUS$ 18 US$ 9
Seniors over 65US$ 15.80 US$ 7.90
Students up to 25 or large familiesUS$ 15.80 US$ 7.90
Children under 11Free
* The price increases on the 31 July
Fast track entry to Casa Vicens.
50% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Barcelona).
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Calle de les Carolines, 20-26.