Delve into the origins of Gaudí's architecture with this guided tour of the famous Catalan architect's first work: Casa Vicens.
Casa Vicens Guided Tour
We'll meet at the arranged time outside Casa Vicens, the first work of the renowned Catalan architect Antonio Gaudí. At barely thirty years of age, this famous artist received his first major commission from a major financial agent in Barcelona. Inspired by oriental details, Gaudí combined brightly coloured tiles with his own personal style. This spectacular building has now been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
During our visit we'll tour the inside of the house, which was converted into a museum in 2017, and we'll learn more about the personal and professional life of Antonio Gaudí. Casa Vicens was a turning point in Catalan architecture and opened the doors to the modernist style that characterises Barcelona. Moreover, it was a clear reflection of the young Gaudí's extraordinary talent and encouraged him to carry out future projects such as the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.
After spending an hour immersing ourselves in Gaudinian art, our guided tour will end outside Casa Vicens.
Seniors over 65, students from 12 to 25 years old and Youth Card holders can benefit from a discounted ticket. On the day of the tour you'll need to show a supporting document.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Students and Youth Card HoldersUS$ 17.50
Seniors Over 65US$ 19.70
Children under 11Free
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of Casa Vicens.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Barcelona).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Carrer de les Carolines, 20-26